Health & Wellness
Most residents in Ikeja local government are susceptible to self diagnosis and to buying medicines from hawkers, due to cost and the inefficiency of the healthcare system. In an aim to bring quality, data driven, primary health care to our constituents,
- We aim to establish the following:
Click here to Read MoreA hospital monitoring task force will be set up to monitor the levels of oxygen and blood stock in hospitals and sanction those that contravene the set established levels. We believe that in setting up a monitoring system like this, we would drastically reduce the number of untimely deaths due to its lack their off.
- Community Mobile Health Care Patrols : Mobile Health care patrols for each ward whose focus would be to bring diagnostics and precise prescriptions to the community at a very affordable rate. As well as familiarizing themselves with the community, gathering data as relates to health. This will help give data driven policies in relation to health.
- Life stabilization & primary health care center (LSPHCC) : Many lives are lost because people in need of dire medical attention, are rushed from one hospital to another because they are denied access to medical care, be it due to unavailability of beds, lack of oxygen or blood, lack of competent medical doctors as well as a general lack of empathy. The role of the LSPHCC would be to ensure that things such as headaches and primary ailments can be detected and addressed without the need to go to the general hospital. The Life support component ensures that registered residents and business owners have access to life support and a dedicated staff that makes calls to different registered hospitals and doctors we have verified and partnered with to take on the case. From this point, people in need of emergency care will go directly from the LSPHCC to a point of treatment that is available, equipped and welcoming.
- Day Care centres : Due to the cost of day care services, several people are left without no other option than makeshift day care establishments. Unfortunately several of these establishments have been known to put sleeping pills in the children’s pap and water in order to get them to sleep while the supposed stewards go on about their day to the market and engage in activities other than what they have been paid to do. As opposed to day care they run Night care / sleep care. These drugs also damage the brain development of these children on the long run.
We aim to create world class day care centres in each ward, with well trained staff and CCTV monitoring to ensure the safety and well being of our children. This would be heavily subsidized for registered residents and business owners.
This goes hand in hand with health care and general wellness.
- Fumigation: Our government will work to create a tradition of fumigating all the gutter spaces quarterly,
- Drainage covers: we will create innovative gutter coverings that are high impact and low cost.
- Recycling: An incentive based waste sorting system will be created with the involvement of the community. Inorganic waste such as dirt will continue to be collected by the LAWMA while organic waste will be converted to compost and sold as fertilizers. Plastics on the other hand would be recycled and up-cycled.
Funds raised from this initiatives will be used to purchase garbage bags which will be sold at a discounted price with an aim to make the disposal of waste more convenient.
Education & Employment
- Our goal is to create the most skilled artisans in the whole of Lagos state. We aim to do this through several training and skill acquisition sessions. Topics will include customer service and exposure to contemporary tools and methods. Each trainee will be duly certified and inducted in to a guild of craftsmen.
- We aim to impart specific skills to this segment of the population that would ensure they have the capacity to earn a living. Training and skill acquisition programs will be provided; such as the installation of CCTV Cameras, AC installation and maintenance, car diagnostics etc.
The local government will create portals for marketing and showcasing work done by artisans in the local government area via the internet in a bid to increase their access to potential clients.
Transparency & Accessibility
- we plan to partner with companies such as Budgit to communicate our expenditures and track our projects in relation to cash flow, while carrying along all the stakeholders in order to minimize the oppurtunities for corruption.
- We aim to encourage the office of the citizen, to increase engagement and government accountability through the creation of avenues for reporting and citizen monitoring.
- We intend to create “Ikeja house” within the local government complex, a place where every Wednesday between 10am and 3pm myself or my deputy will be available to speak to anyone without any previous appointment.